Friday 16 December 2016

Advents 16th Door: Wreath Making




A Christmas wreath is so pretty hung on the front door,  a symbol of welcome and a deep connectivity with nature and home. I find it so beautiful that in a season (especially here in London) when the dark nights settle in and the cold weather has us all heading for indoors and cosines that we tend to bring the outside in. 

The wreath gathers the season’s colours, scents and joy and celebrates the season with a spirit of tradition regardless of their style; modern or classic. The wreath represents the strength of life overcoming the forces of winter. I simply adore them. I do, admittedly, tend to buy my wreath but with so much inspiration to make one of my own I feel the urge and, perhaps, the need to make one this year. To gather my favourite colours and smells of the season and adventure to find the foliage with the kids. Leaves, fruits, herbs from our window boxes, eucalyptus, evergreens and fresh  anemones and cream roses, dusty pinks and red ranunculus. 

The image’s here are my inspiration and this beautiful blog has all the steps to help you create your own. 

xx

Share your festive pics and ideas with us on instagram too



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment