Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tell Us it's Tuesday: Poppy of Baby Style File

This week we are rather excited to be able to reveal the gorgeous mama behind Baby Style File.  Poppy is a creative mama who really does know about good design, with more than 10 years experience of being a stylist for big clients.  Tally that with a few years of motherhood and you know you're going to be introduced to some great stuff on her site.  Poppy became one of our 'twitter sisters' from the start and we've always been curious to know more about this talented figure!

Baby Style File is such a super slick site bringing us design finds in the world of baby and child..... yet, apart from the obvious good taste this blogger shows we can't glean much about who exactly is behind it.
Until now...


On waking the first 3 things I do are….mutter something about getting up, roll over, go back to sleep for another 5 minutes

If I had a superpower it would be….like a Miss World wish list: world peace; save dolphins and make people happy.

If I could trade places for a day with someone it would be…
my son...it would be nice to see the world through a toddlers eyes!

If someone wrote a story about me the title would be… Tea and Marmite

When I was seven years old…I had straight hair!

If you open my fridge you will see….milk, cheese, and a collection of jars that may have been there some time.

My favourite view is… of my family playing and laughing in the garden (corny but true)

The 3 things I will tell my children are… be nice to people (no hitting!), being happy is more important than being rich, they can do anything they set their mind to.

The song or musical piece for the theme tune of my life is…'We could have been anything that we wanted to be' (from Bugsy Malone)

I used to be…able to wear dry clean only clothes and high heels.

My biggest guilty pleasures is…trash telly...X factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Big Brother (made even better with twitter commentary!)

My wardrobe is… more practical than it used to be

Never have I ever…liked coconut

My kids taught me… work isn't the be all and end all/ sleep is for losers.

Life is like a… great big adventure

My earliest memory is…. Father Christmas telling me I wasn't allowed to eat the sausage rolls at the nursery Christmas party.

My underwear drawer … is in an old wooden filing cabinet

I feel like running for the hills when…. my toddler hits another child (I know it's just a phase and they all do it, but it's still mighty embarrassing!)

On my teenage bedroom wall there were… quite a few Levi's posters

My ideal partner would have the mind of /  skills of  / body of…  my husband obviously!

Thank you Poppy.  It's been a joy to catch a glimpse into your world. I would absolutely love to read a book called 'Tea and Marmite' - you really must be our sister! And your favourite view is just beautiful. Oh, and I shall defnitely be joining you for Twitter + Strictly soon! x


This is part of our new series of Tuesday blog posts where we ask you to tell us all. We wanted a fun way way to get to know the people behind the blogs and businesses we follow.  We have more people lined up to reveal themselves and may be asking you too!

We also publish other series in our blog including our Monday MakeryWednesday we show you our favourite seasonal pieces and Thursdays is dedicated to the 'Art of Living' in which we share ideas and inspiration from places to visit, things to see and articles about things that enrich our lives.

www.sistersguild.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. another great interview, I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks peggy, we are really enjoying it too. I love how everyone has such different answers and how it makes us all feel closer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your lovely blog! What a truly fab read it is. Poppy is just super - a very talented mama! I do love reading these kind of series so will be coming back for another read soon. And you're in B'ton. I'm a mummy blogger, just up the road in Hove ... small world and all that.

    ReplyDelete