Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tell us it's Tuesday: Lindsey of Urban Mums

This week we have invited the beautiful mama, journalist and blogger of Urban Mums to 'Tell Us.' Lindsey grew up in Northern California and is now settled in London, the city she loves.  Lindsey's passion about motherhood and an active life with her kids comes across in her blog as she charts her way across London and beyond bringing us snippets and stories of family, people, places, style and design.

Were were a bit nosey intrigued to find out more about this stylish mama behind Urban Mums. 
Food features a lot in her blog and below she reveals her ideal man for delicious dinners....


On waking the first 3 things I do are… roll over to see if my husband is awake (hoping he is already attending to the kids which means i got to sleep in!), debate whether or not to get out of bed, give my youngest (the early riser) a morning kiss.

If I had a superpower it would be…. to perfectly clean/organise our home with the snap of my finger.

If I could trade places for a day with someone it would be…
Gwyneth Paltrow. She is doing everything these days!

If someone wrote a story about me the title would be…. Good Intentions.

When I was seven years old… I was a tomboy — playing sports and not a barbie in sight.

If you open my fridge you will see….
cookie dough, strawberries, oj, innocent smoothies.

My favourite view is… watching my daughter "streetdance" (her word, not mine!).

The 3 things I will tell my children are…I love you, give me a kiss, take another bite.

The song or musical piece for the theme tune of my life is…. I Will Survive!

I used to be… athletic. 

My biggest guilty pleasures are… Green and Black's butterscotch chocolate and People magazine.

My wardrobe is… a big fan of Comptoir des Cotonniers.

Never have I ever… drank coffee. 

My kids taught me… love, patience, and to savour every moment, especially the simple ones.

Life is like a… a gift.

My earliest memory is…. camping at Trinity Lake. a summer tradition throughout my childhood. i vaguely remember being bathed in a metal tub on the camp picnic table! very basic camping in the beginning...

My underwear drawer … is very messy and disorganised. (where's that superpower?) 

I feel like running for the hills when…. my kids whine. 

On my teenage bedroom wall there was… Leonardo Dicaprio in Baz Lurhman's Romeo & Juliet poster and Alma-Tadema prints. Interesting combination!

My ideal partner would have the the skills of Raymond Blanc. uh, yes to delicious dinners every night!

Thank you Lindsey.  We also believe that a clicking-the-fingers superpower (in the style of Mary Poppins but with a very stylish wardrobe) would be the ultimate skill for any mum.  But we can already spy that you have some super skills with that cookie dough in your fridge! You'll have to let us know the recipe sometime. x

This is part of our new series of Tuesday blog posts where we ask you to tell us all. We wanted a fun way way to get to know the people behind the blogs and businesses we follow.  We have more people lined up to reveal themselves and may be asking you too!

We also publish other series in our blog including our Monday MakeryWednesday we show you our favourite seasonal pieces and Thursdays is dedicated to the 'Art of Living' in which we share ideas and inspiration from places to visit, things to see and articles about things that enrich our lives.

www.sistersguild.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind intro! Too nice! Loved being part of this series as I am a huge fan of your blog and shop! xx

    ReplyDelete