Tuesday 20 September 2011

Tell Us It's Tuesday: Chloe of Olli Ella

This week it is with pleasure that we bring you the fabulous Chloe - mama, gallery owner, founder and director of Olli Ella.  Chloe & her sister (yes, another super sister team) have modernised the nursery for our generation of design-conscious mamas.  With their stunning nursing chairs and now a beautiful range of baby bedding, it is clear that these sisters know about style for the modern home. We are inspired by the fact that the Olli Ella collection is Made in England, but we also know that whilst Chloe grew up in Sydney & LA she was in fact born in England - now that makes for a glamorous combination for sure!  Now coveted from all corners of the globe, Olli Ella is a wonderful vision turned into a very desirable and recognised style.

Our first encounter with Chloe was on Twitter where talk turned to shoes and shopping, as well as giggles about gliding!  We simply had to know more about the style savvy mama behind Olli Ella....



On waking the first 3 things I do are….Kiss my hubby, listen for sounds of toddler waking, and check emails.

If I had a superpower it would be….Extendable, multiple arms!

If I could trade places for a day with someone it would be…That's a hard one! After watching 'Big' as a kid this has always scared me! What if we didn't switch back?!

If someone wrote a story about me the title would be…
Misadventures of the Slightly Adventurous.

When I was seven years old…I developed the biggest crush on a boy who loved Hulk Hogan and Nike Airs. I made it a mission to be as informed as he was on both subjects. It was an age that I am not proud of...

If you open my fridge you will see….Well I am pregnant and so things have changed up a bit: A lot of olives, cheeses of all sorts (this regrettably includes 'Laughing Cow'), peaches and strawberries, and a lot of juice.

My favourite view is…One where you can see the whole sky, uninterrupted.

The 3 things I will tell my children are…To have integrity, to not wait on hold for more than 10 minutes, and to listen to your mama!

The song or musical piece for the theme tune of my life is…Billy Joel - Vienna

I used to be…Even goofier than I am now.

My biggest guilty pleasures are…My bed. Nutella on toast and Alexander McCall Smith. Simultaneously if possible.

My wardrobe is… Looking up!

Never have I ever…
not had a dog!

My kids taught me… To slow down. To let go. To be so grateful.

Life is like a… An Oreo cookie - the beginning looks great, the middle tastes the best, and the rest leaves a sweet taste in your mouth.

My earliest memory is….Is visiting our mum in hospital to see my new baby sister (I was about 2.5)

My underwear drawer … Pass.

I feel like running for the hills when….It has rained all August with no sunshine...

On my teenage bedroom wall there was…A collage of photos of friends and family, a poster of Gavin Rossdale, and a Kimono.

My ideal partner would have the mind of /  skills of  / body of… I have him :)

Thank you Chloe. I do believe we've caught a glimpse of quite a romantic side to you.  You have a very lucky hubby ( I hope he reads the last answer with a big smile) and I hope you get plenty of time for your guilty pleasures of Nutella on toast and Alexander McCall Smith, especially whilst you're pregnant. Enjoy x

This is part of our new series of Tuesday blog posts where we ask you to tell us all. We wanted a fun way way to get to know the people behind the blogs and businesses we follow.  We have more people lined up to reveal themselves and may be asking you too!

We also publish other series in our blog including our Monday MakeryWednesday we show you our favourite seasonal pieces and Thursdays is dedicated to the 'Art of Living' in which we share ideas and inspiration from places to visit, things to see and articles about things that enrich our lives.

www.sistersguild.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment