Thursday 7 April 2011

The Art of Living: Making Easter Plans

For planning half-term and the Easter bank holiday I can't live without the following resources. I confess my obsession with always having to know what is on and where!



Netmums is a  resource I use a lot as it has so much information for families.  I can always rely on Netmums for a recipe and to find out about places to go.  It also has good information about Playgroups, Nurseries, Pre-School Classes and After School Clubs, plus plenty of Easter craft ideas. A page that is also really handy is 101 things for Free Family Fun


The new site that has been rocking my world is childfriendlybrighton.  This is a site I was crying out for when my son was born and I wanted to go places, meet people, get involved and find out where exactly was child-friendly.  I'm guessing the Founder of the site Shoshana felt the same and thus created childfriendlybrighton. We are exteremely grateful! It really is incredibly useful as you can view events by date. So it's a case of saying ' oh what is happening on such and such a day' and click there you have it! Just take a look at the calendar page.
There's information on all the cafes, farms, parks, libraries as well as classes for all ages.  Makes me realise how much there is to do in Brighton and Hove and why I love living here! And if it's childcare you need Zoe at the Baby Rock Agency is the one to get in touch with.




For Londoners or visitors to London a copy of Time Out is essential when it comes to what's on in the capital - with things to do for kids as well as adults (though it's been a long time since I looked at the clubbing listings!).  When I first moved out of London I still subscribed to Time Out for years as I HAD to know everything that was happening even if I couldn't be there!



Another good mag to pick up is Angels & Urchins - a fantastic resource for places and ideas.  The website also has London what's on listings and features such as Easter Camps.  And I just spotted the Just so Stories at the Pleasance Theatre which is well-timed for our London visit.



Baby London is also great for London listings with a handy quick glance calendar alongside the events page.  There's Baby Surrey and Baby Hampshire too - great coverage of all the exciting events.



Daily Candy Kids is good to browse for inspiration and there's a London newsletter for news and events including fashion news. I've just received a newsletter this morning with dates of a Paul Smith Warehouse Sale which is a very tempting holiday shopping treat for me!





ABC magazine is a long-established free parenting magazine that covers EVERYTHING. The Sussex edition I can't do without.  You can check on the ABC website to find out where to pick up a copy that covers your local area.



Bambino Goodies is THE best place to discover childrens lifestyle and design news but also 'Cool Spots'and 'Hot Spots' in their Places to Go section.

If I've forgotten any essential online resources or if you have any tips to add, please do leave a comment.

Happy Easter holidays!
x

1 comment:

  1. I also massively adore CFB for amazing activities in Brighton,ABC mag also. And Bambino? Lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete