Thursday 3 February 2011

Happy Chinese New Year of the Rabbit

image courtesy of let's be brief blog
image courtesy of Bustle & Sew blog

We welcome the Year of The Rabbit, with a forecast for more tranquillity and balance. Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me is the Rabbit motto.

I've always been fascinated with Astrology and the Chinese Zodiac with it's history of intriguing tales: a grand feast for Buddhas birthday or a celebration for his departure from this world where only 12 animals showed up at the festivities; the story of Jade Emperor who invited the animals to participate in a race, the prize being a coveted position on the Chinese Zodiac calendar.

There's a lovely children's storybook which I recently found in the library, The Great Race - The Story of the Chinese Zodiac


I'm a Rabbit myself and I've just read descriptions of the Rabbit being 'friendly, homely and diplomatic' but I shall also add 'a little bit daft' to that! I am always drawn to all things rabbity. Boo of Belle & Boo is very charming and my favourite AW10 clothing fabric is the Paperchain Rabbit print by Hucklebones.





Leila Lou has made a rabbit called Florence and just like the character of the Chinese Rabbit she really does like being embraced and spending some lovely time at home and with friends!


Happy rabbit times for all!

x

1 comment:

  1. Agnes has had her rabbit print blouse from Hucklebones on today! :)
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete